Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   JamieBlade's Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/45395-jamieblades-driveway.html)

98kellrs 11-05-2012 08:21 PM

Very nice car! Exactly what I'm going to be looking for in 12-18months. I'd consider cloning out that reflective parking sign though :)

Master D 11-05-2012 08:54 PM

Epic pics dude

ImPreSiV 11-05-2012 09:11 PM

Token location, but great pics!

STIMUL8IN 11-05-2012 09:23 PM

Cheers for the comments guys!

reconus 11-05-2012 09:29 PM

should have moved the car more parallel with the river under the bridge so you could get a better backdrop. good pics tho.

STIMUL8IN 18-06-2012 05:44 PM

So the STI is coming up for its 9 month birthday and I've come up with a list of mods I am thinking of doing over the next several months. These, of course, are all subject to Minister of War & Finance approval! My main goal for modding is for looks and sound, as I'm pretty happy with the performance, because a) it's awesome as stock & b) I'll never be able to get it to keep up with my other toy :) Wouldn't mind getting rid of that body roll though :cool:

So here's my list, would appreciate comments:

[B]Performance[/B][LIST]Process West CAI - Already purchased from American Dave, yet to install.[/LIST][LIST]CBE - Thinking Invidia Q300, want to retain the quad exhaust tips.[/LIST][LIST]Tune - Does it [I][B]really[/B][/I] need it with these mods? Lots of people say yes, some people say no. Are the yessers just arse covering? I'm not bothered about getting that last 0.5kW out of it, but I don't want to Dak Dak BOOM it either :p[/LIST][B]Suspension/Handling[/B][LIST]Sway Bars - Was looking at 24/22 Whitelines + end links.[/LIST][LIST]Lowering Springs - Perrin Performance do a kit with H&R springs and 25/25 sway bars + end links. Seems good no?[/LIST][LIST]Steering - Perrin Super Steer.[/LIST][LIST]Wheels - Was thinking of following the pack and going for Rotas, but I do like the stock BBS wheels, just wish they stuck out a bit more. I know I'll get flamed, but I'm looking into the spacers option atm 15mm front 20mm rear. I'll get some engineering buddys to look into it a bit more though before deciding.[/LIST][B]Body/Exterior[/B][LIST]Front lip & side/rear lips - Recently seen the HT Auto version which looks very tidy indeed.[/LIST][LIST]Rally Armours - Already done.[/LIST][LIST]Hellas - Already done.[/LIST][B]Interior[/B][LIST]Handbrake hack & iPhone integration - Already done.[/LIST][LIST]Kiwi Wifi + iMFD for all kinds of gauges on the iPhone - Purchased, just wait for it to arrive.[/LIST][LIST]Rear view camera and under seat sub - Waiting for pricing from Mao.[/LIST]So that's about it for now. I'm sure there'll be more bits and pieces I'll want, like a flat bottomed steering wheel, but those would be 'nice to haves' as opposed to the list above which I consider 'must haves'.

T R3X 18-06-2012 06:02 PM

My suggestion for exhaust, depending on if you 100% only want a CBE or not. If not, I'd say go local with an X-Force TBE 3" stainless steel, they have a great look and capture the boxer sound perfectly! (I personally have one installed on my car) I'd highly recommend a tune if you did that though.

Soksta 18-06-2012 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=JamieBlade;687161][LIST]Sway Bars - Was looking at 24/22 Whitelines + end links.[/LIST][/QUOTE]

I would exercise caution if you are looking at using the [URL="http://whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC166"]KLC166[/URL] HD rear end links.

I've had a set fail on me due to the way it is constructed.
On the part that sits in the lower control arm, there isn't sufficient distance for the nut to clear the weld, causing it to mount on the angle, placing stress on the weld and causing it to fracture and fail.
It also takes a few chunks out of the rear sway bar when it does this!

It is also not as wide as the OEM link, causing the lower control arm to bend inwards as we found out when mine were replaced due to the broken rear end link.

Will try and find some photos if I still have some.

Also have the front HD end links and haven't had any issues with these at all.

monkeee 18-06-2012 06:15 PM

Jamie keep the OEM BBS wheels! They are such high quality. Nothing wrong with ROTA's but switching BBS wheels for them = no no no (imo haha).

If it were me, I would go buy a Butler down pipe along with the the Q300 CBE and get it tuned with the CAI + TBE as a whole. Little more cash but so much more gain in performance (vs CAI + CBE + tune).

Don't even ask about rally armor flaps here. Lets just say its a "sensitive" topic amongst the lads muhahaha :p

Sharpy.au 18-06-2012 06:19 PM

spacers are arguable on the road, but if you ever look at going to the track there are too many examples of them being extremely unsafe. You might say you won't do track work with them but they would be pretty easy to forget you have on