Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Tom's Classic White One (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/47865-toms-classic-white-one.html)

Top-Deck 09-03-2012 03:28 PM

Tom's Classic White One

2 Attachment(s)
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hi guys,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]My name is Tom and I am lucky enough to be the owner of a white gc8 wrx. I picked the car up in late May 2010 and am only its second owner since new :D[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]When I bought the car it was completely stock, right down to the tape-deck lol[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Since then I have slowly but surely added on bits and pieces until it has become my dream car of 15 years ago :) as anyone who has modded their car knows, once you start you verrry rarely stop! :p However, as I am saving for a house/holiday I have made a strict modding budget and have so far kept to it which I am really happy with...even though there are sooo many more things I would love to do to it, especially after seeing the many nice examples that grace this website![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Anyways, below is my list of mods and future plans as well as a few pics of my car as of the cruise last weekend:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Performance[/SIZE][/FONT][LIST][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]V6 STI carbon fibre front strut brace[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Whiteline ALK[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Whiteline 22mm adjustable front sway bar[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Whiteline 24mm adjustable rear sway bar[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Full set of 03/04 SPEC-C progressive rate struts and springs (courtesy of Stace aka Tuna) – now installed!![/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]X-Force SS TBE with high-flow cat and Varex muffler [/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Upgraded high-flow panel filter [/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Resonator-ectomy mod[/SIZE][/FONT][/LIST]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Visual[/SIZE][/FONT][LIST][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]GD STI pedals (japanparts.com)[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Ultrex replica 1-piece STI front lip [/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]GD WRX rims powdercoated black onyx (Perth Powder Coaters) [/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Painted brake callipers white (with black writing)[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Painted ‘orange thingy’ black[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Windscreen antenna [/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Window tint – darkest legal[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]De-badged/stickered boot, only leaving Subaru logo :D [/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Kenwood CD deck - not into all the doof-doof rage so suits me just fine[/SIZE][/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Future plans[/SIZE][/FONT][LIST][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Possibly re-paint the ‘orange-now-black thingy’ white to see which colour I prefer more[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Clear front and repeater indicators OR go the Meak look and get orange park lights. Have been meaning to do this for a while but still haven’t decided as have seen examples of each and both look sweet…[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Put on fog-light covers (if I go with the clear indicators)[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Eventually re-spray front bumper and bonnet[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Sort out some lowered springs[/SIZE][/FONT][*][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue to enjoy each drive :)[/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]So there you have it, please feel free to comment/make suggestions/whatever...I have a thick skin! :p[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Tom[/SIZE][/FONT]

ImPreSiV 09-03-2012 03:36 PM

Hi Tom,

well done for sticking to a budget. It is hard to do.

Car looks very tidy. Keep enjoying it.

Kym

Mike 09-03-2012 03:38 PM

Nice looking car mate!

White calipers must be a nightmare for brake dust lol

huggy_b 09-03-2012 03:43 PM

If white calipers are anything like white rims - then yes! I cleaned my car, rolled it out of the garage, hit the brakes and bang, dust on em already.....

Very neat example Tom, and yep its very easy to go overboard. Best of luck sticking to budget, I suspect you'll need it!

Mike 09-03-2012 03:44 PM

I know all about white rims, Al has had them for years. But white calipers - I reckon they'd be harder.

Soksta 09-03-2012 03:53 PM

White calipers?
Shit son, you be crazy!

Good to see a write up on the car Tom, looking forward to any future modifications :D

Top-Deck 11-04-2012 09:29 AM

Cheers for the comments guys :) quick update on the mods side of things:

Yesterday I left my car in the very capable hands of John and the guys at wheels world to do some fettling with. End result -> my car is now running on the SPEC-C struts and springs that I got off of Stace (aka Tuna), happy days!!!! :toothy10: while it was there I got them to change my swaybar settings as well so I am now running the stiffest setting at the front and middle setting at the rear.

Overall changes have been HUGE with the car now handling [I]like a cat on carpet[/I]! :p the new struts/springs make the car sit a bit higher, (so a future mod might be to get some lowered springs) but the driveability has improved markedly so I really don't care. At the end of the day I have now finished my budget for the year and couldn't be happier with the results as the little beast now handles proper well and looks the business too!! :D

[QUOTE=Soksta;659244]White calipers?
Shit son, you be crazy!
[/QUOTE]
haha yep this is the general response that I get from people! :rolleyes: all worth it in the end though, only give them a good scrub about once a month and they seem to be holding up well, still nice and white!! :D

Marti 11-04-2012 07:07 PM

wow, clean gc8 well done

kid 11-04-2012 07:29 PM

Hello Tom, cool name :)

Good job on sticking to budget! I'm the same when it comes to my car, although the bank balance got raped a bit this month...

Ko[R]uPt 12-04-2012 10:51 PM

Nice gc8!
Colour-coding would be my only suggestion...