Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree212Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Good work on getting out here for that. It was far to hot for me. Had a few hot days out there, and as you do - I end up short shifting too, as power is significantly down, and there is just no need to put the car through it.

I ended putting half a bag of ice in the waters-pray bottle as well. Not sure if that made any difference or not. Probably not.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

lachy294 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakynuts View Post
Great choice, Speak to Luke there if you still have not got them.
He will ask you questions about the car and set the shocks up for it...
Sounds good mate, will depend on what happens in the next month or so as to which motorsport side of things the money will go. How have you found them on the street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Good work on getting out here for that. It was far to hot for me. Had a few hot days out there, and as you do - I end up short shifting too, as power is significantly down, and there is just no need to put the car through it.

I ended putting half a bag of ice in the waters-pray bottle as well. Not sure if that made any difference or not. Probably not.
Yeh its was, last run was a "this could blow but its going to be cooler than it has been all day run and it could blow at the next event"... Used pretty much half a tank of fuel in 70km (drive there, race, drive home) so she was definitely pumping some fuel through.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sneakynuts at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachy294 View Post
Sounds good mate, will depend on what happens in the next month or so as to which motorsport side of things the money will go. How have you found them on the street?
It is a little firm on the rear at slow speeds.....I could soften it off a bit but when you are up to speed it's fine.

When i ordered them they ask you car weight, tyre been run and what you are using it for.

As mine is mainly track work that is it is set for..

Road set up would be alot softer, depends what you are mainly using for i guess.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:24 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachy294 View Post
Yeh its was, last run was a "this could blow but its going to be cooler than it has been all day run and it could blow at the next event"... Used pretty much half a tank of fuel in 70km (drive there, race, drive home) so she was definitely pumping some fuel through.
Did your car get hot?

By the last lap mine was cooking itself!

Ran with the heater on to try and get heat out of the block.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
It is a little firm on the rear at slow speeds.....I could soften it off a bit but when you are up to speed it's fine.

When i ordered them they ask you car weight, tyre been run and what you are using it for.

As mine is mainly track work that is it is set for..

Road set up would be alot softer, depends what you are mainly using for i guess.
Arh nice, mine at the moment is primarily a road car so would end up setting up slightly softer. Will look into them if a Formula Vee falls through.

Quote:
Did your car get hot?

By the last lap mine was cooking itself!

Ran with the heater on to try and get heat out of the block.
Yep, was backing out when it was a bit over 2/3rds up the temp gauge, havent had a great run with this car wanting to over heat. The last run it didnt end up going up till the last half a lap, having the water over everything may have helped more than i thought..
Even Simons (Blue 06 Targa Car) running E85 and a big rad from memory was getting hot.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:51 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

yeah mine was always the last lap where it was getting hot....
Old 10-02-2016, 07:41 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Formula Vee eh? great choice!

They say its FF's poor cousin but i don't agree, i grew up with my old man having formula vee's (along with other cool stuff) and i really love them, can't go past it for the $$$

I would have one if i could fit, was going single seater but just to big for one hence the Radical!

Good luck with it, there is nothing quite like the first time you drive a proper race car not just a tuned road car!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 10-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Formula Vee eh? great choice!

They say its FF's poor cousin but i don't agree, i grew up with my old man having formula vee's (along with other cool stuff) and i really love them, can't go past it for the $$$

I would have one if i could fit, was going single seater but just to big for one hence the Radical!

Good luck with it, there is nothing quite like the first time you drive a proper race car not just a tuned road car!
Yep, that's the plan at the moment, just need a few things to fall into place and thats what ill be moving into.

The $$$ us a really big draw card as well as the close racing and having the ability to race mates.

Wouldnt pass up a Radical for a second, if i could get one

It will certainly be something cool to get out to! Cheers man

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 09-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Sir AntiLag

Aannnddd it happened!

Now top just get a few things to drop into place and hopefully make it out there for the first race meet

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
AWDmoke, Master D, XT43 and 7 others like this.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Sweet! Red colour will get you -0.100 sec per lap! Although it's only half red so -0.050.

Trying to find sponsors (silly question right) or budget's still good to race without?
lachy294 and amtrapid like this.

Tags
driveway, lachy, liberty, rs