Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree276Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Rego question. My car is unlicenced in perth and my plates are in storage in geraldton. Should be all finished up soon and trying to figure out how to get it home as I'll only have one day there between flying back from europe and going to work. If its passed the pits can I rego it in perth with just any plates and swap back to my custom ones later in geraldton or will i run into problems? Transport dept is closed or I'd be asking them instead of you guys!

Last edited by drewgong; 11-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Get a temporary movement permit, till you can get it over the pits and sorted properly.
Old 13-05-2019, 06:09 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Yes, you should get a temp movement permit as Nick says, get it licenced and get a set of regular plates until you are ready to swap back to the optional plates in Gero.
Old 24-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Sir AntiLag

Big shout out to mao @ evo-r for not only piecing together my jigsaw puzzle of a car but getting it back on the road for me too. Purring like a kitten. Blown away by how smooth the motor sounds and runs. Just putting around on wastegate and taking it easy. Will be cranking it up after first big oil drop. Honestly pretty broke with other priorities so happy to just have it running.
Startodo, nick73, JRecardo and 1 others like this.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Sir AntiLag

Flex Fuel.
Is it really worth all the money going to top feed injectors, fuel rails, surge tank or can it still be done with stock side feed and just off the pump in tank?
that said what size fuel pump should i be using if we wanna target say 28-30psi on ethanol?
My injectors are too small (850cc) so probably on 1300cc
FP regulator needed or stocko be fine?
Anyone gimme a spill on there flex systems or experiences?
Seems my fuel pumps gotten a bit noisy lately and i think its on its way out. if im replacing parts of the fuel system ill slowly shift it towards e85 compatible system

Last edited by drewgong; 23-09-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 23-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

You'll need a rising rate fuel reg for sure.
Flex fuel sensor and piggy back for the ECU.
Big arse injectors.
Walbro 460 - get the new gen version with the 120psi relief pressure.
Surge tank system.
You'll need to upgrade your wiring in the fuse box if you're running bigger pumps.
My Walbro 460 melted the fuse and relay in the box.
If you're replacing your fuel rails as well it's going to get really expensive.
Tuning time is basically double for flex fuel where a straight e85 tune is much cheaper.

Are you on a stock ECU or aftermarket?
What turbo are you running? that will make injector and pump sizing more realistic. Just saying your targeting 28psi doesn't mean much if you know what I mean.
What power figure do you have in mind?
drewgong (30-08-2020)
Old 23-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

I would budget at least $5k, probably closer to 6k if you're paying someone to do it all.
drewgong (30-08-2020)
Old 23-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Sir AntiLag

Cheers mate, was just looking at doing the pump myself and want it to be big enough so i don't have to pull and replace again. will research the wiring and fuse and make sure i beef them up.. Rest will be done by tuner in one hit and yes wont be cheap. nothing is with these cars.. haha
Has to be flex as nearest e85 station is about 400km's away
turbo is 1.5xt-r 8cm, ecu is stock on ecutek3.
looking for as close to 400whp as possible with this little turbo. not phased if it doesn't get there. a responsive 350 would still be fantastic fun.
motor is built for a lot more than anything that turbo will put out.
expecting most likely 1300's possibly 2000cc injectors. Currently 850's and that wont cut the mustard on e85.
i agree with everything your saying except the surge tank? would that really be "essential" considering its pretty much a street car. that's the one thing i'm trying to avoid.
Old 24-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

If you're not racing the car you can get away without the surge tank. But keep your tank topped up when you're on e85. Even hard acceleration can cause surge.
1300cc injectors will be ample for that turbo and you have some head if you're keen to go bigger later.
drewgong likes this.
drewgong (25-09-2019)
Old 13-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Sir AntiLag

Car is tuned, 340 odd whp. Drives fantastic. That's all it has for now due to the crappy injectors. Big shout out to racetorque for swaying me away from id1300s to these mystery injectors that are not even 850cc as quoted.
Definitely notice the 3 port solenoid as well. boost is razor sharp responsive. Car hasn't missed a beat.
Had a slight drip of oil from my sump bung when i swapped it out for the killer b 1/8 adapter. Changed to a paper style plug gasket then all well.
Undercarriage was starting to rot away due to me living so close to the beach so i hit most of it with a 4x4 style undercarriage paint to convert surface rust and protect. im sure if you put it on a hoist it wont look fantastic as it was just rattle cans but i just wanted to make some sort of effort to stop it getting out of control..
Pretty much nothing but maintenance on the horizon as car is pretty neglected.
Changed from 225 to 235 tyres. kept with the pirelli dragon sport as they're cheap and did net my my best 60'.
Gearbox feeling a bit sluggish and heavy on the changes. Not sure if the oils ever been changed so planning to drop gearbox and diff oils. Going to bite the bullet and put the redline in knowing the cars history as well as how i drive its had a life at 150,000.
Front disc's are fairly cactus so be sourcing a new set and obviously pads while i'm at it.
Bonnet scoop is sun damaged so we planning a backyard respray of it with a close friend who has just done the same with his.
FLH quater needs replacing. not essential but not pretty.. Lurking, waiting for a second hand one to show up. Front grill needs replacing as whole centre piece snapped off.. yay. Probably replace with cheap china spec carbon item.
So yeah, all in all im just loving having my car back and giving it attention it deserves.
also about 6 months away from building our second house so car is off the priority list for big spending so dont bother giving me the this and that of what i should buy and put on the car. if anything i'd only do a big fuel system.

Last edited by drewgong; 13-12-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Tags
gong, meth is cool, sandy vaginas