Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   PROJECT: Torque Steer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/52033-project-torque-steer.html)

Dan [GTI] 24-11-2012 05:01 PM

PROJECT: Torque Steer

Finally got my hands on my MPS3!

It has been a very slow 2+ months of 4X4's, Eco-boxes and the shoe-lace-express, but after 10 minutes of driving it I could tell the wait would be worth it (will do a little WRX vs MPS3 Comparision after its run-in) and that the MPS was the right choice for me :D

[B]Pictures will be uploaded Sunday after clean/detailing.[/B]

[I][B]Day 1;[/B][/I] Project Memo "Keep it stock" was doomed from the beginning :p it has already started. Less then 3 hours of owner ship - insert K&N panel filter, Ayrton Senna and Colin McRae Decals... [I]So I am off to a good start[/I].

Other parts on my work station include; H&R Progressive Sport Springs, Front Lip Kit and TKO will work their magic on Tuesday.

[I][B]Inital Impression;[/B][/I] Torque... lots of it! Even though its only 150KM old and I haven't even scratched the surface of the potential it has it is obvious it's going to be a hoot to drive off the line :rolleyes:

In ANY gear, at 2700RPM, touch the accelerator and it just pulls making it a very easy car to drive, its just so effortless to drive. Not to mention I was averaging 7.9/100KM from Melville to Maida Vale.

Also I was very surprise by the amount of attention I received when driving it home. People were [I]rubber-necking[/I] to get looks at it! I was intending to fly under the radar in this car, but the big front scoop, 18" wheels and spoiler probs don't help.

[I][B]Day 2;[/B][/I] Took the MPS3 for a quick test along Mundaring Wier RD, 5th/6th most the way, droping to 3rd/4th for the tighter sections, not needing to take it over 3500RPM or drop to 2nd the whole trip.

I went through a few corners more [I]spirited[/I] then others and it handled like a dream, no hints of understeer or lift-off oversteer on the fast corners or slow hairpins. It will be interesting to see how it drives through the same corners after it is run-in and I can put more power down :cool:

[B][I]To be continued;[/I][/B] Detail/Clean[B][I],[/I][/B] Install Springs, Install Font Lip and Send to TKO Tinting.

Daniel.

DukeDrifter 24-11-2012 05:07 PM

Nice actually keen to see it in the flesh, what colour did you end up getting

kid 24-11-2012 05:11 PM

lol @ rubber necking to see an MPS.....

Hey I remember you posted a pic of a grey MPS with RX8 wheels and a lip kit...is that the direction you are going with this car? I remember it was actually pretty nice...heaps better than stock anyways

Dan [GTI] 24-11-2012 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;723359]Nice actually keen to see it in the flesh, what colour did you end up getting[/QUOTE]

Silver.

White doesn't do it justice, Red makes it look [I]boy racer[/I] and black it black and it just a pain to live with.

[IMG]http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/carsales/car/dealer/127202529.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050[/IMG]

This is the same as mine, but this picture doesn't do the car justice. In all the pictures they look higher and less aggressive then in the flesh.

[QUOTE=kid;723360]lol @ rubber necking to see an MPS.....

Hey I remember you posted a pic of a grey MPS with RX8 wheels and a lip kit...is that the direction you are going with this car? I remember it was actually pretty nice...heaps better than stock anyways[/QUOTE]

I know, I wasn't sure if they were looking at me, but they were.
[IMG]http://gerardlozano.com/mazda/lipkit6.jpg[/IMG]
Thats the general direction, maybe less low and more usable, and I don't mind the new wheels Mazda have put on the MPS so may stick the stock rims for now too.

ImPreSiV 24-11-2012 05:15 PM

image fail... and speaking of... I am upset I came into this thread and there be NO pictures yet...

poor form

C-

TROLLEY 24-11-2012 05:16 PM

A mate of mine has a dark silver/gunmetal coloured one. They're nice, but lack of launch grip dampens the drive for me.

Dan [GTI] 24-11-2012 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;723363]image fail... and speaking of... I am upset I came into this thread and there be NO pictures yet...

poor form

C-[/QUOTE]

Well Mazda did a [I]delaer wash [/I]and its already dirty, plus I have been on night shift so cleaning the car was on my to-do list after sleep :rolleyes:

Anyways I would rather show off nice pictures tomorrow then PWRX anal rape me over shit pictures and a dirty car.

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;723364]A mate of mine has a dark silver/gunmetal coloured one. They're nice, but lack of launch grip dampens the drive for me.[/QUOTE]

I am yet to see how much (or little) grip it has to offer. It i will be a interesting experience.

Sharpy.au 24-11-2012 07:26 PM

Looks nice, and not overly common so that's a plus.

Front end looks like it's on acid with the giant smile

Lonewolf 24-11-2012 11:24 PM

3rd gear torque for rollons will surprise an awful lot of cars

teejay 25-11-2012 12:14 AM

Slammed on wheels looks fairly good.

The smile... it would slowly drive me insane though.