Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Amtrapids RS (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/57495-amtrapids-rs.html)

Jezza 28-07-2015 10:31 PM

Your car will be worth some serious coin in a few years if you kept the interior and no cage!
But you only live once, so if you plan to track it, go for gold and don't look back :)
Here's hoping your back comes good and you get loads of track time!

Jezza 28-07-2015 10:36 PM

Did I miss something though...when did your RS turn into a GC? Can't find the post where you switched car!!

amtrapid 28-07-2015 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=Jezza;827606]Did I miss something though...when did your RS turn into a GC? Can't find the post where you switched car!![/QUOTE]

Nah the RS is mine the Gc is a build for a mate I've been doing . I definitely wouldn't cage that if it was mine.

I'm talking about my RS

Sent from under my Dok Dok

Mcclacker 28-07-2015 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;827598]So due to my impending back surgery and long recovery. Have decided to keep car off the road for another 12 months .

Car is being painted hopefully next month the group A Colin McRae livery has won me over . So Prodrive blue and full graphics era correct .

Have also decided on stripping interior and fitting a bolt in cage . I'm chasing a roof vent . Can't decide on seats . Wife has given me the green light so at least I'm not getting divorced as well lol.

I'm also keen on a quick rack . So stay tuned for some big updates and pics Soon.

Sent from under my Dok Dok[/QUOTE]Back surgery long recovery?? snap! As we speak I'm 1 day on from my 11th back surgery in 2 1/2 years. The rear double fusion failed that was done in Nov 13 so yesterday they performed a double fusion from the front So My car progress for the McRae sprints and targa 2015 has slowed down LOL

Jezza 28-07-2015 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;827607]Nah the RS is mine the Gc is a build for a mate I've been doing . I definitely wouldn't cage that if it was mine.

I'm talking about my RS

Sent from under my Dok Dok[/QUOTE]

Ah that explains it. Yes the RS will look mint in that livery with a cage!

amtrapid 29-07-2015 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=Mcclacker;827608]Back surgery long recovery?? snap! As we speak I'm 1 day on from my 11th back surgery in 2 1/2 years. The rear double fusion failed that was done in Nov 13 so yesterday they performed a double fusion from the front So My car progress for the McRae sprints and targa 2015 has slowed down LOL[/QUOTE]

Yeah ive got a single fusion with disc replacement and discectomy as well as facet joint shaping and single restriction all through the back , no front for me I'm tooo rotund lol .

Ive been told 10 months recovery so hopefully get some rallysprint in late 2016. Trying to focus on doing as much core strengthening now as I can to aid recovery.

Mcclacker 29-07-2015 02:08 AM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;827612]Yeah ive got a single fusion with disc replacement and discectomy as well as facet joint shaping and single restriction all through the back , no front for me I'm tooo rotund lol .

Ive been told 10 months recovery so hopefully get some rallysprint in late 2016. Trying to focus on doing as much core strengthening now as I can to aid recovery.[/QUOTE] good luck and take care, I didn't and all the metal work has ripped out of the bones with no fusion taking place, this could not be repaired and that's why they had to gone in through the front. I'm targeting Dec 15 for my rallysprint return :-)

amtrapid 05-08-2015 05:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So home straight for my mates V5 freshen up . Will be off for tuning on Friday.
Ancillarys and wiring finished today , Just have to plug the thermocouples into the amplifier box and check every thing with the laptop.
[ATTACH]15176[/ATTACH]

Made up his fun switches today out of some carbon fibre and some nice halo switches

[ATTACH]15178[/ATTACH]

RichX 05-08-2015 06:53 PM

I like said buttons, what ECU was this for? Depending on how you set it up of course, you could get away with having just one button.

Eg:

LC on permanently.
RI always active when ALS active.

And leave 2 spare buttons for other things.

For some reason I thought this was your car mang?

amtrapid 05-08-2015 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=RichX;828010]I like said buttons, what ECU was this for? Depending on how you set it up of course, you could get away with having just one button.

Eg:

LC on permanently.
RI always active when ALS active.

And leave 2 spare buttons for other things.

For some reason I thought this was your car mang?[/QUOTE]

Nah its a mates car that needed a 6 speed then escalated to ,R180 , Billet shafts, new clutch , lightened flywheel , GD STI master and slave for clutch .
Engine refresh , timing belt, gaskets , check bottom end , Killer B windage tray and pickup, new fuel system parallel rails,lines , Fuel pressure reg, 1200 cc injectors , repaint manifold , clean and refurbish throttle body and Iacv, all new silicone hoses , phelonic spacers , new GD header tank,

Haltech elite 1500 with flex fuel, 4x thermocouples for EGT, and pretty much every extra sensor they do lol.

The reason for the separate switches, is being able to use rotational idle for extra cooling when giving the car a hard time track etc.. It is enabled automatically with the rally antilag ,but as you know rally antilag isn't used generally for track work so by having the rotational idle separate allows you to use it by itself .
The launch control is a hard cut 2 step system that has its own separate antilag setting .

Plenty more out puts for switches and features if he want to use them .

My own car is off the road for sometime getting stripped for paint , roll cage and other goodies soon.