Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Yorkie's 2004 Auto Rexy (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/57594-yorkies-2004-auto-rexy.html)

Yorkie 24-02-2014 03:12 PM

Yorkie's 2004 Auto Rexy

5 Attachment(s)
So I thought I'd finally start up a driveway thread for my rexy as I'm about to start doing some stuff to it. Not on much of a budget and will take time to do things.

Always wanted a WRX and am pretty obsessed with them. After two years of saving and talking non stop about them I bought mine. Went for the automatic as I saw it advertised and got a good price. Thought it would be a good intro for an eventual STI :)

I bought the car at 165,000 kms in April 2013.
Its now at 175,000. Since buying it I've done practically nothing as it runs strong. Had a service at 172,000 and is next due at 182,000.

Has a 3" catback exhaust system, it's not finished all the way up to the engine yet though. Work was done at Genie Exhaust. Got to go back and get it finished at some point...! Not completely happy with the volume of the noise but hoping when it's fully linked it'll be louder?

Currently have three different tread patterns on tyres due to retarded dealership. Looking at getting new tyres on it sooner rather than later...! Not sure what to go for or where to go to get them done, open to suggestions!

Planned mods/work:

- Decent tyres for daily driving and a bit of fast cornering and grip.

- Finish off exhaust system

-Full stereo system; as right now my stock system is an abomination of crap.

- Want to put in gauges, three of them in a gauge box like this: [ATTACH]12227[/ATTACH]
Just want cheap ones that change colours, to look cool, not worried about exact accuracy :p

- Maybe "black out" the orange in my headlights?

- Was contemplating a wing spoiler. But don't want to rice the car up too much...

- Buy 2007 STI eventually and sell auto peanut.

Hopefully that wasn't too much of a read.

I've posted pics before but here's some again:

[ATTACH]12228[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]12229[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]12230[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]12231[/ATTACH]

Give me some tips on my ideas or just some banter if you don't like automatics :p

Cheers,

Fraser

(Yorkie)

thehowlfactor 24-02-2014 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Yorkie;788960]or just some banter if you don't like automatics :p
(Yorkie)[/QUOTE]

Automatic?!

[IMG]http://i.qkme.me/367hk4.jpg[/IMG]

N1GHTH4WK92 24-02-2014 03:49 PM

Glowshift gauges have the pod you're after, as well and colour change (7 colours) and they are pretty cheap too. Otherwise racetech Evo gauges can change between red and blue (as you switch headlights on) and they are what I'm running now.

Yorkie 24-02-2014 06:53 PM

Ah yeah, I think I'll go for the most colours :) anywhere you recommend going to get them put in?

N1GHTH4WK92 24-02-2014 08:57 PM

Galvsport did mine. STechnic/ MMS/ AllStar Garageshould have no troubles with installing it depending on which is closest.

Yorkie 24-02-2014 10:06 PM

Cool, I'll look up whose closest and check it out :)
What you driving now? The guys at the dealership said the owner traded in the wrx for a barina?!

N1GHTH4WK92 24-02-2014 11:10 PM

Haha yep! Traded it for an 08 barina for my daily (I drive 140km each day for work). Dropped down to apprentice wages and wanted to get into more competition racing (not risking it on a daily).

Bought a 33 GTR about 7momthd ago. It's done like 3000km in that time lol been in and out of workshops, and now has a yellow sticker so gotta save up for another 6 months to get that off so I can get racing haha

That's why I got a daily first though :P

camaroon 24-02-2014 11:18 PM

Keen to find out which brand/ type of tyre you decide to purchase.

ThatLegend 24-02-2014 11:18 PM

Welcome to the Auto club :D

To be honest I quite enjoy the autos, you get the initial kick from the auto (like most automatic cars) then the turbo spools and you really feel it, feels like no lag at all

Anyways, nice purchase, was looking at this car awhile back

Enjoy it

Yorkie 24-02-2014 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=camaroon;789036]Keen to find out which brand/ type of tyre you decide to purchase.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to suggest some as I'm not really an expert...! :p