Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

yeahnah at standard level

Whats the down pipe blanket brand? Your opinion?
And did you make/bodgy the gauge holder unit your self? Either way love some deets.
Ill stop gushing now
Old 01-06-2015, 05:27 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Its a perrin down pipe blanky. Dunno how effective it is for performance? Probs 2/10s of fark all. I got it mainly to keep excess heat from radiating onto the driveshaft CV boots. They can fail early because of aftermarket exhausts to close etc. I bought the bell mouth Xforce to replace the divorced Hitech. And i could not be farked wrapping or ceramic coating. So i just went the blanky because its easy and works well at containig heat. And doesnt have any of the negatives of wrapping or coating.

Yes. I made the gauge holder. Its a spare genuine pillar trim, that i then plastic welded in some ebay spec gauge pods. I then smoothed it all over with plasty bond or something like that and painted it black.

Inside is 3 sets of PLX DM100s and all 6 sensor modules up front. They all can talk to the ECU and share data from the ECU and the external sensor modules. And they can all be programmed to warn of dangerous engine conditions. Have custom start up animations. Cuatom gauge images etc. Very versatile gauges. But a PITA to wire up and program.
Old 28-06-2015, 03:39 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff
Default Rd 4 WAState Sprint.

Had an awesome day out racing today at RD 4 WA State Sprint at the RAC. Car was incredibly tail happy. And i was giving it to it hard. Had a few wild moments, collected a cone, but no offs. Rear tyres are hurting bad today haha. My times were pretty competitive with the front runners. AND i did the best handbraky on the hairpin of all the AM cars according to the announcer. Felt soooo good. Got 12th outright for the AM session, and 4th in class for the AM. (D restricted). Was the 6th quickest suby of the AM too. The arvo guys are sure to push me down the list a ways. They have some quick cars out there now.

Heres a snap of the morning results. All my times were fairly close, and all sub 3 mins.

RUSSGT likes this.
Old 28-06-2015, 07:16 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

This is my first run. As you can see i got a little ambitious on the cold tyres. :lol: This run didnt count because i caught the car infront and coasted around on my last lap. But it will give you a little idea of what its like piloting the Yeti Sled. Im uploading my 4 proper runs as we speak. But each one takes like 2 hrs to upload.

RUSSGT and Dan [GTI] like this.
Old 28-06-2015, 07:23 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

best handbrakey of the day!!!

https://youtu.be/HoN9afDO6Ns

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
RUSSGT and Bram like this.

Last edited by Jacob92; 28-06-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 28-06-2015, 07:29 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Heres my re-run of the first run. This was my first timed run in the results. Had a bit of a moment out the back of the sweeping left hander on the first lap, and missed a gear on the second lap. And it still was a sub 3 min run.

Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 28-06-2015, 07:41 PM
STI Master

Kremer930 at standard level

That is a seriously cool video. Sounds mean too. I get caught out between watching your gauges and watching your steering. Hardly ever take note of the track. Great toy!!!
Old 28-06-2015, 07:52 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post
That is a seriously cool video. Sounds mean too. I get caught out between watching your gauges and watching your steering. Hardly ever take note of the track. Great toy!!!
Thanks. I usually have the camera mounted from the rear view mirror. It gives a good clear view of whats infront. But you dont get the incar action. This time i tried behind the front seats, and it had good view of the cockpit action, but all the track vision is washed out and over exposed. I need 2 cams, then set it up for picture in picture.
Old 28-06-2015, 08:55 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Heres my second timed run. This one felt real good. And i reckon if it wasnt for a bit of hectic-ness out on the end of the big left sweeper out the back on the last lap, then this would be one of my best runs. Still sub 3min run. So not bad, but plenty of room to improve.

Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 29-06-2015, 12:56 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Heres my 3rd timed run. This one was alot cleaner than the previous. Although it did get a 2 sec penalty according to the time sheet. That may have supposed to be for the previous run??? It felt pretty good. About half way thru, my pillar gauge pod fell off, i had to try and race with it hanging down near my leg.

Dan [GTI] likes this.

Tags
sled, yeti