Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Satie's 02 STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/62300-saties-02-sti.html)

Satie12 22-07-2015 04:22 PM

Satie's 02 STi

2 Attachment(s)
Though't I'd do a new thread for my new car!

As some of you may know I was in a car accident thankfully no one was hurt!.. but my beloved wrx was written of.

I decided to get paid out and upgrade instead of buying back.

I had my eye's on one 2002 STi for a while and ended up purchasing it as of 21/7/15! what can I say.. It's an absolute weapon on the road! She feels very solid, can notice a huge difference with the brembos! to be honest a real game changer for me!

Current mods
- Brand new 207 (less than 5000kms)!
- Brand new Exedy HD clutch
- Norm Butler 3 inch exhaust system I'm pretty sure
- Walbro 255 Fuel pump
- perrin silicon Inlet
- Turbosmart BOV
- Front and rear strut braces
- Sittin' on some lowered king springs.

Future mods
- Full cat-less 3 inch exhaust system (prefer louder)
- 3 port Mac valve
- get her a tune
- GD STi wing (not a huge fan of the current wing)
- some exterior mods
- Some adjustable sway bars
- and some new brake pads

Right now just going to enjoy her! Still trying to get over the fact that I actually have a STi now! big dream come true.

Thanks for reading! will keep you all posted with future mods and updates :D
Satie :)

dnbosiris 22-07-2015 09:44 PM

wow, looks so clean. you must be stoked. every cloud has a silver lining eh.

what wing does it have on it atm? looks like a std gd wing but hard to tell.
definitely get the ebcs and a tune.. is it currently untuned or unknown?

Satie12 22-07-2015 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=dnbosiris;827187]wow, looks so clean. you must be stoked. every cloud has a silver lining eh.

what wing does it have on it atm? looks like a std gd wing but hard to tell.
definitely get the ebcs and a tune.. is it currently untuned or unknown?[/QUOTE]

Yeah man so stoked! Just a pleasure to drive! Pretty sure its a GC adjustable wing prefer the GD style!

Brand new motor so needs a tune! Really love the vf35 though!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Satie12 23-07-2015 10:17 PM

Ok so the the STi is booked into Evo R this Saturday. Will be getting the crappy branch keypad system ripped out and will be installing a new autowatch keypad!

The Anti-hijacking got the better of me!

dnbosiris 23-07-2015 10:25 PM

you might already know this but in the meantime you can simply unplug the seatbelt connector under the drivers seat and it will disable the anti-hijack. doesn't change the brant system, just the anti hijack.

Satie12 24-07-2015 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=dnbosiris;827245]you might already know this but in the meantime you can simply unplug the seatbelt connector under the drivers seat and it will disable the anti-hijack. doesn't change the brant system, just the anti hijack.[/QUOTE]

Really?? I wasn't aware of that! So I can get out of my car while the motor is running if my seatbelt connector is un-plugged?

dnbosiris 24-07-2015 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=Satie12;827255]Really?? I wasn't aware of that! So I can get out of my car while the motor is running if my seatbelt connector is un-plugged?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Correct😉

RichX 24-07-2015 07:45 AM

Nice job on getting this. Let the mods commence.

Looks like the same thing happened to you as it did to me, someone has brushed up against your front right, next to the foglight.

Bumper off job and respray.

Satie12 24-07-2015 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=RichX;827258]Nice job on getting this. Let the mods commence.

Looks like the same thing happened to you as it did to me, someone has brushed up against your front right, next to the foglight.

Bumper off job and respray.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate! Shes a very nice car!
Haha yeah thankfully the father in law knows how to do resprays ;)

shaunus 24-07-2015 09:19 AM

Always had a soft spot the Bugeye's! Looks like a very good example! Any more pics?

Satie12 24-07-2015 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=shaunus;827266]Always had a soft spot the Bugeye's! Looks like a very good example! Any more pics?[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude! Many more photos to come, just need to take them lol!

Satie12 24-07-2015 08:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well has been an awesome night! Put the original STi rims back on also changed out the front rooted o2 sensor. Cleared check engine light running awesome now!

New genuine STi thermostat tomorrow gonna be madd!

Satie12 16-08-2015 09:05 PM

Installed a boost gauge today and found out its boosting to about 18-19psi then tapers down to 16psi, contacted the previous owner and told me that it's only ever had the Subaru base map tuned onto it nothing aftermarket. Seems to be coping fine will not be driving it hard till she gets a tune in a couple of months. Very keen to see what she makes :D

Found a slight leak on R/hd side rocker covers :mad: .. Haven't had the funds to spend a lot on her yet as I'm going away next month and having to save up for that.

also decided to take the STi wing off today! I think it looks much better!
[IMG][URL=http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Scott_Satie/media/wingless%20Sti_zpstrapfadt.jpg.html][IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/Scott_Satie/wingless%20Sti_zpstrapfadt.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Sammy82 17-08-2015 08:21 AM

Put the spoiler back on!

matto20v 17-08-2015 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy82;828579]Put the spoiler back on![/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

Satie12 17-08-2015 10:29 AM

I do love the look of the STi wing but i've always been a fan of wingless! After my holiday will be going for a GD STi wing instead!
They just seem to look and suit better than the old one.

Brett Allan 17-08-2015 11:19 AM

ASG did my rocker cover gaskets for $700 all up from memory. Subaru wanted $800 per side.

GD STI wing would suit better than the other one IMO.

I'm tempted to try wingless and drop the coilovers.

Tidy bug though. I am biased..

Satie12 17-08-2015 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Brett Allan;828591]ASG did my rocker cover gaskets for $700 all up from memory. Subaru wanted $800 per side.

GD STI wing would suit better than the other one IMO.

I'm tempted to try wingless and drop the coilovers.

Tidy bug though. I am biased..

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Thats not a bad price, although ill be doing the rocker covers myself.
I do enjoy a nice wingless bugeye!

Master D 17-08-2015 02:07 PM

rocker covers are a pain in the ass but easy to do. i did them at home. i bought full set of genuine gaskets from subaru for around $350ish from memory.

Satie12 17-08-2015 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;828601]rocker covers are a pain in the ass but easy to do. i did them at home. i bought full set of genuine gaskets from subaru for around $350ish from memory.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did them on my old wrx as well, easy to do it but not a fun job lol.

Satie12 05-09-2015 10:17 PM

First time rallying today at the rally school, was an absolute blast!
opened my eyes to a whole different perspective of driving, so many things you have to take into consideration when driving a all purpose track/rally car. Walked away with even more respect for my STi and what its capable off.
For anyone that's interested I put up what I thought were my best 2 laps out of the day.

Was driving a 02 STi with a very responsive turbo :D

[YT]LogJlgUAwI8[/YT]

dnbosiris 05-09-2015 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Satie12;829599]

Was driving a 02 STi with a very responsive turbo :D

[/QUOTE]

Twinscroll?

Satie12 06-09-2015 07:52 AM

No wasn't twinscroll as it had the subaru rumble, im thinking it was probably the stock vf35 with a decent tune, for the most past the subaru's engine wise felt pretty stock.

Satie12 13-10-2015 09:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Bit of an update..

On the grand final weekend me and a few mates decided to kick the footy, unfortunately we found out we we're no where near as good as we use to be.. which resulted in smashing my left hand side mirror and completely snapping it off.

and just before you thought it couldn't get any worse!

Some low life's decided to break into my car that night to steal my sunnies which resulted in a smashed window :(

Thankfully I was able to find a donor door quickly for a awesome price installed the window and was as good as new! Gave dougy a call from stechnic who happened to have a left side mirror in my colour = winning :D

And on a even brighter note I had these awesome car parts arrive from the US! Invidia Full cat-less system with a V3 dump pipe with a sweet looking titanium tip!

Next are a set of UEL headers, bigger fuel pump, 3 port solenoid and then off for a tune to ASG :)

RichX 13-10-2015 09:52 PM

I reckon that is going to be very loud. Brace yourself!

nick73 13-10-2015 10:12 PM

Rjjjjjj??????

REXXXED 2.0 13-10-2015 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=nick73;831262]Rjjjjjj??????[/QUOTE]

oh no incoommmmmmiiiinnnngggg

Satie12 11-11-2015 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Little bit of an update,

Unfortunately my rear o2 sensor decided to go, so had the STi throw some codes, so in the up coming week she will be seeing a nice new one!

Also a very productive weekend ahead.. new rotors and brake pads all around, very interested to see how she will perform afterwards!
Gonna be awesome !

Satie12 28-11-2015 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Decided I might spoil myself with a early Xmas present..

Ultrex UEL headers and up-pipe
Big thanks to Rob from Ultrex, top bloke to buy some parts from!