Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MY11 WRX/STI discussion thread (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47458)

Brett Allan 08-01-2013 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;730774] Brett, my days of running big systems are over, I just want some bass, as cheaply as possible without skimping on quality[/QUOTE]

Fair call, considered keeping OEM head unit, amped front splits and then running the sub?

Would give you the quality you seek on a decent budget?

ImPreSiV 08-01-2013 10:54 AM

Brett, that's exactly what I want to do. I'm in the same boat as Ben, need boot for bike and bub

Brett Allan 08-01-2013 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;730857]Brett, that's exactly what I want to do. I'm in the same boat as Ben, need boot for bike and bub[/QUOTE]

Just re-read, still sleeping. carry on :rolleyes:

Soksta 08-01-2013 11:40 AM

Seems to be a lot of MY11 owners tinkering with the stereos of late ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you guys can come up with!

Kym, why not look at staggering the setup?
For example get a better head unit now and keep some money aside and look at getting new speakers, amplifiers and a small subwoofer when there is more money sitting ready to go?

b32 08-01-2013 12:27 PM

^Kinda what I'm doing, adding amp (for speakers) and amped sub now, will replace speakers later down the track if and when the standard ones blow. Seriously Jamie's stock speakers sounded great once they had some power behind them, I was surprised/impressed.

Soksta 08-01-2013 12:35 PM

In case I missed it, what amp have you chosen or what amps are you currently looking at?

mitchwnz 08-01-2013 12:49 PM

I'll be doing mine too... however I want Satnav but don't want to lose the Bluetooth Audio.. Hrrrmmmm.

ImPreSiV 08-01-2013 12:50 PM

I don't mind the standard head unit and I love the steering wheel controls and Bluetooth, so that can stay. Just want to get some power behind the standard speakers for now and get some bass. Might look at upgrading the speakers later if nessecary.

Soksta 08-01-2013 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;730896]I don't mind the standard head unit and I love the steering wheel controls and Bluetooth, so that can stay.[/QUOTE]
Reply below applies to this.

[QUOTE=mitchwnz;730894]however I want Satnav but don't want to lose the Bluetooth Audio.. Hrrrmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem for most aftermarket head units and with a steering wheel control adapter you can still use the steering wheel/bluetooth controls.
Only problem from what I can find is that you can't really use the OEM microphone (need to confirm this myself).
Will find out soon :D

Drewski 08-01-2013 12:57 PM

I agree with Impresiv, I am looking at getting some more power to the speakers and some Bass. don't want to replace the nav unit :)