Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree43Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Jacob92's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mandurah wa
Posts: 738
Thanks: 25
Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
Jacob92 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUSSUTE View Post
ill be there jacob in april, when its far colder.
Let me know when you go.
Wrx v evo is end of april im keen

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
drewgong likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 25-10-2018, 03:11 PM
VUSSUTE's Avatar
Sir AntiLag
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SOR Bogan
Posts: 433
Thanks: 22
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
VUSSUTE at standard level
Default

So drag season has been back for a bit. Manage to get the ol girl down to an 11.5 sec pass.

Having to change into 5th about 50m from the 400m mark and not building any boost in time for entering the traps.

Got a second set of wheels (still 16") hoping to increase rolling circumference (205/50R16) to (205/60R16) should get me to hold 4th over the line and hopefully knock some more time off.

Want that high 10 on BP98.

Im hoping it works. In theory it should.

Anyone tried this before
matto20v and nick73 like this.
__________________
STi Ver 6 | 2.1L Stroker | 418whp | 11.5 @ 199kph |

Not fast enough dammit!

Last edited by VUSSUTE; 25-10-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 20-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Jacob92's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mandurah wa
Posts: 738
Thanks: 25
Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
Jacob92 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUSSUTE View Post
So drag season has been back for a bit. Manage to get the ol girl down to an 11.5 sec pass.

Having to change into 5th about 50m from the 400m mark and not building any boost in time for entering the traps.

Got a second set of wheels (still 16") hoping to increase rolling circumference (205/50R16) to (205/60R16) should get me to hold 4th over the line and hopefully knock some more time off.

Want that high 10 on BP98.

Im hoping it works. In theory it should.

Anyone tried this before
Spotto and beeped at you today jay!

Anyway gave the foz a run wed night ..

11.2 @127mph 1.6 60'
Near new nankang AR1 just drove it out the hole like a rally sprint launch from 5500 grip was nuts... damn short ratio is only thing stopping me from 10s might turn flat shift on or something 5 damn changes before the line!!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
drewgong likes this.

Last edited by Jacob92; 21-12-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 21-12-2018, 06:43 AM
drewgong's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 530
Thanks: 120
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
drewgong at standard level
Default

is what it is. obv we know its not the best gearbox for drags. still sitting pretty high up on the food chain, especially for what is it. street rego 4 cyl without drag slicks. its a killer package
__________________
06 sti
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 21-12-2018, 07:59 AM
nick73's Avatar
Subaru Tech Division
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: cubicle 2
Posts: 1,445
Thanks: 139
Thanked 91 Times in 87 Posts
nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob92 View Post
Spotto and beeped at you today jay!

Anyway gave the foz a run wed night ..

11.2 @127mph 1.6 60'
Near new nankang AR1 just drove it out the hole like a rally sprint launch from 5500 grip was nuts... damn short ratio is only thing stopping me from 10s might turn flat shift on or something 5 damn changes before the line!!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yeah you were rowing that box all the way, can't believe how short the ratios are. What tyre pressure did you run in those nangnang things?

What size rim/tyre combo you running?
__________________
Bye bye betty blue. Hello F6.

Last edited by nick73; 21-12-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 21-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Jacob92's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mandurah wa
Posts: 738
Thanks: 25
Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
Jacob92 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Yeah you were rowing that box all the way, can't believe how short the ratios are. What tyre pressure did you run in those nangnang things?

What size rim/tyre combo you running?
Haha tbh i left my gauge at home would be around 28 cold 32 hot ... thats what we set them at 2 weeks prior for sprints ..

They are a 235/40 17 on a 17x8 rim

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jacob92; 21-12-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 21-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Jacob92's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mandurah wa
Posts: 738
Thanks: 25
Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
Jacob92 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
is what it is. obv we know its not the best gearbox for drags. still sitting pretty high up on the food chain, especially for what is it. street rego 4 cyl without drag slicks. its a killer package
Cheers man .. no longer rego but all the same

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 22-12-2018, 08:41 PM
VUSSUTE's Avatar
Sir AntiLag
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SOR Bogan
Posts: 433
Thanks: 22
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
VUSSUTE at standard level
Default

Top work mate. Was that at 480whp??

Few more PSI and there is a 10 in that for sure!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob92 View Post
Spotto and beeped at you today jay!

Anyway gave the foz a run wed night ..

11.2 @127mph 1.6 60'
Near new nankang AR1 just drove it out the hole like a rally sprint launch from 5500 grip was nuts... damn short ratio is only thing stopping me from 10s might turn flat shift on or something 5 damn changes before the line!!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
__________________
STi Ver 6 | 2.1L Stroker | 418whp | 11.5 @ 199kph |

Not fast enough dammit!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 22-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Jacob92's Avatar
STI Master
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mandurah wa
Posts: 738
Thanks: 25
Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
Jacob92 at standard level
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUSSUTE View Post
Top work mate. Was that at 480whp??

Few more PSI and there is a 10 in that for sure!
525hp foz is 1500kg with me and 5 gear changes dont help!! .. gunna look into flar shift or borrow a mates long ratio box for a pass haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 23-12-2018, 07:30 AM
VUSSUTE's Avatar
Sir AntiLag
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SOR Bogan
Posts: 433
Thanks: 22
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
VUSSUTE at standard level
Default

Let me know when you attempt... ill bring down the camera gear.
Jacob92 likes this.
__________________
STi Ver 6 | 2.1L Stroker | 418whp | 11.5 @ 199kph |

Not fast enough dammit!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VUSSUTE For This Useful Post:
Jacob92 (23-12-2018)
Reply

Tags
car, hp, quartermile, time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 MY10 WRX Sedan - Immaculate, Original condition, Lowest km's in Perth kurt_blastoff For Sale (Cars Only) 2 15-07-2013 09:43 AM
Question about car dealer siaw Non-WRX Discussion 3 22-02-2009 02:11 PM
GT3 Owner Reviews A GTR - Pics! theprotest Non-WRX Discussion 15 28-02-2008 04:49 PM



Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO