View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
That said, although I think Im a good driver, I wouldnt say Im the best, nor the most experienced. What does scare me/concern me, is seeing very in-experienced drivers, getting behing the wheel of a high powered vehicle, and by high powered Im not talking about a V12, I just mean Commodores, Falcons, V8's, Turbo vehicles and yep, dare I say it, WRX's.
I cant say all in-experienced drivers are bad, a vast majority share 1 trait = Arrogance. They think they can drive, but in reality, cant drive for shit. How many times do you here of a young driver killed on the roads, then what a supprise, they were driving a Commodore or something with a fair amount of power.

Im a strong believer in that a vehicle that has any power should be earnt. Like they do with motorcycles, drivers should be limited to the power of vehicle they can drive until such time they can show they have suffient experience on the road to handle it.
I draw these beliefs on my observations on what I see on the road, and yes, before someone points it out.... an experienced driver can still be a bad driver. But as far as Im concerned.....
In-experience + Powerful car = Dangerous.
WELL SAID!

I completely agree with you and i fully understand that many have this belief and i am very priveliged to drive the car i do. I think drivers like myself should be far more harshly scrutinised when getting a license.

This is one reason why my car i going to stay running 8psi till i feel i can handle a more powerful vehicle and have FAR more driving experience (including AHG courses) under my belt