View Single Post
Old 24-09-2005, 04:13 AM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

In the nearly 4 years I owned a WRX, I've only been pulled over by cops 3 times:

1) I was doing 80 in a 50 zone (trying to pull away from the commodore I thought was tailgating me [turned out to be an unmarked cop car])

2) I failed to stop at a stop sign before turning (no excuses, no traffic so I didn't stop, unmarked cop car behind me)

3) I was doing 140 in a 110 zone (rushing an aunt back from Albany to Perth for a business dinner)

Other than that, I've never been pulled over, even though at one stage my car had one of the loudest exhausts around, superlow springs and tinted windows PLUS I lived just down the road from the traffic police branch in East Perth for 6 months, and then moved to the apartment DIRECTLY opposite the traffic police for a year, and then moved to the apartment BESIDE the same traffic police branch for another year.

So 2.5 years I was driving a very noisy tinted lowered WRX with a big wing, constantly within 100m of the traffic police branch, I've never been pulled over except for when I did commit traffic infringements.

Either I've been very lucky, or it really just boils down to how you've been driving. If you've struck up a reputation for yourself, you're just gonna have to live with it I suppose. That said however, if you've been subjected to unfair/unneccesary punishment/treatment, then restitution is in order for sure.

If what you say is 100% true, then for sure that particular policeman needs to be dealt with accordingly. If it was through your own actions in the past that have resulted in the reason you've been singled out for attention, then I think they are just doing their job.