View Single Post
Old 14-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlm
Hi all, picked up my new 07 last week and i had
the defense pak paint protection applied by the dealer.

Ive washed the car once at one of those U WASH
carwashes only using the high pressure soap,
rinse and carefully dried it with a new chamios.

The car wasnt real dirty just had a few warter marks i wanted to remove.

Now my paint has heaps of swirls and spider web marks all over the car.

Can any one recomend how to get rid of these and prevent it from happening again?

Is this my fault by the way ive washed and dried the car or is it the paint protection thats faulty?

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.
You really don't need to make things over complex....
First point: keep an eye on the paint since there have been a few problems with black.
Second point: For future reference....these so called "paint protections" are a waste of money; usually poorly applied (read swirls)...you are better off doing it yourself...it isn't hard.
Third point: Washing...1. wash in the shade 2. firstly rinse with garden hose 3. wash down with plain water from a bucket using a quality sponge (if you must use suds use Subaru carwash which is actually an Auto Glym product) 4. rinse off with garden hose 5. remove excess water drops with sponge 6. finish off with microfibre chamois
Fourth point: polishing...use Auto Glym Super Resin then finish off with a spray on/wipe off product called Plexus (available from motorbike shops)

Result: shiny hydrophobic paintwork, no swirl marks, washes easily, only needs re-polish every 6 months or so.