View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

a few more =)

Stock WRX comes with a little press bent brace here, the NA models dont come with one.. problem

Solution: Creative Werks fender braces from the US. Based on GD STI factory option but a shit load cheaper.. more on this later. Temp fitted at the moment, as they block access to the grommets.

BP5 steering pump pipes don't match up with the GC8 quick rack. No probs, undo the one screw holding them together and they slot straight in

BP5 motor on GC8 engine mounts in GC8 cross member, receiving a GC8 steering rack... and it all bolts up with minimal of fuss

GC8 GX control arms for the time being, straight in

GDA struts and GX hubs. The BP5 hubs weighed a decent amount more than the GX ones so they will do for the time being

Which isn't a problem, cause the Legacy GT-B's stock brakes fit fine. Monster 330mm discs with hooge 2 pots. Eventually I'll replace with Brembo's and its just a matter of swapping the caliper

One little doozy we ran into so far, the gear selector is a different length. BP5 on top, GC8 on bottom

If anyones interested in the fender braces, they are nice solid product that ties the front clip of the car into the chassis and improves rigidity. The stock WRX/STI comes with a press bent steel sheet that you can literally bend by hand. They are a very popular mod in the US & Japan and quite a few companies make models. They cost me around $150 as I bought a couple and sold them on to friends, so if anyone is interested in a group buy (5+) PM me, as landed a single set in AU is $240 !