Thread: Buying a 300ZX
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Heiffe at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Heiffe

Go for it, as long as your buying a clean example mechanically and cosmetically then you wont find a piece of engineering like it cheaper . The handling is exceptional and even the NAs have more than enough go for some fun. I own an 89 Jspec NA 5spd as a daily driver and couldnt be happier with it. If you go NA then you have the choice of buying the Aus spec versions (NA only) up to 1997.

The guys here are right, if your buying a car without the major maintenance work done/unknown history be prepared to spend some cash (especially TTs).
Beware there are ALOT of garbage Z32's out there which are indeed a detriment to the Z32 marque. Like any performance car or any car really, if they dont get treated well after time they will break down, simple as that. The usual stuff flying around, you dont need to remove the engine for basic work (the bay is just a tad tighter than your average ), and to be honest after becoming familiar with it have found it to be quite simple . I suggest having a good read/search on the Australian 300zx Association forums, in particular the tech section for any thing you might want to know...its all there. If its not there by searching then just ask .

If you want to ring an experienced zedder then I suggest Tom from Perth Zed Performance . Hes just set up a Z32 specific business and should be able to answer any queries!

Cheers
Alex