Thread: Hid Kits
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

theyre illegal on vehicles not fitted with headlamp washers and auto levelling, essentially to make sure the beam doesnt scatter into oncoming traffic. But then again plenty of people retrofit them without either.

One thing with retrofitting hids into a non-projector assembly is essentially they tend to scatter a fair bit especially on the GC's. The GD's are much more receptive as the factory HIDS run a similar reflector housing but using only a 4300k temp.

Most installs are easy, some require drillin holes in your dust cap etc, be prepared however it can take a while especially if your not sure what your doing!

For anyone considering retrofittin them into an peanut eye I wouldnt go higher than 5000-6000 max as the lighting gain greatly diminishes after that. Yea the 8000 look awesome in blue but in reality they light up perhaps just 10-15% more than standard halogens.

Likewise as Nvrenuf, if anyone wants to see the setup im running on my 04 pm me and we can work a place and time out

Im running a BJ Union kit slightly different to the supervisions here. Will try and post some pics soon.