View Single Post
Old 13-03-2007, 10:40 AM
STI Master

agentorange at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy
do you know how much power your pulling at the moment
?
Power: 227kw at the engine - this is what Tim Slako got on a Bosch Dyno for me...at the wheels I guess 180 - 185ish. Sean reckons he will be able to get approx 200 kw/atw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMH
Get rid of the BOV
But I just put the damm thing on...and it can be adjusted to fully plumb back. I have tried this to solve the power loss issue...It does not change it at all. The BOV is not leaking etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
Have you asked Sean about this? I would be interested to see what he has to say about this.
I asked him yesterday when I talked to him about the reflash and booking the car in...He said it will solve the issue with the BOV, as it would run a lot more stable. Meaning I could adjust the BOV and not have the ecu go into limp mode.

He also said the car would run well all the time...not just some days, like with the UniChip. Sean reckons that the stock ecu is retarding the ignition timing, even though the UniChip is telling it not to, though he couldn't confirm this till he looked at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinga
I'd flash it, sell your unishit for a few hundred and has not cost too much..
Mate, you read my mind! Thats sort of what I'm intending to do. I just wanted to gauge what the wider pulbic thought in relation to effectiveness and gains, etc.

My rhymes are stronger than ammonia
I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia