View Single Post
Old 13-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff
Default not happy

Hey guys, dont know if anyone here uses race torque, or knows people that work there, but my experience with them hasn't been particularly pleasant.

I dropped my car off to them with an unknown engine problem 2 months ago. i used them because my very competent and trusted mechanic (Cypher Industries) was too busy. They said, sounds to us like you've leaned out and and done valve and possibly piston damage. They gave me a few quotes, and i was happy with the price, so told them to go ahead with it and do the clutch and front rotors while they were at it. They were happy with that, and as far as i knew, my car was in safe hands...

I got a call from them yesterday saying, "Hi Matt, just calling to let you know that it is a valve issue with your car, and we'll send it away tomorrow to get sorted" I was a little confused by this, as they've had my car for 2 MONTHS now, not wanting to get angry with them i just asked them how they went with the clutch and brakes, and they said, oh um... we think there will be less labour involved with the clutch if we do it with the engine out, so haven't done that yet...

Basically, they've done absolutely bugger all in 2 Months... i asked them about what the hell they've been doing, and they reckon, oh we've been really busy building rally cars and guys have been on holidays and your car's been a little neglected... WTF. Not happy!

There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of service from a reputable mechanic, i mean if i had the time and space, i could have rebuilt it myslef in 2 bloody months! Sorry Race torque, but i think i'll be sticking with Cypher Industries in the future, Zac has been nothing but supportive and helpful with building my car. Whether it's tuning it in his own time on a Saturday morning, or hanging around the workshop till 7 at night so i can get there after work, or taking phone calls on his mobile a sunday morning because some readings on my Power FC were concerning me.

Maybe Race torque are happy building their beloved "rally cars" and aren't particularly fussed about customer service... They're lucky they've finally pulled the engine out of the thing, because right now i feel like going in, giving them $1000 for garaging my car for 2 months, and taking it to someone that's actually going to bother fixing it.

thanks for listening to me venting.

Peace
Matt