View Single Post
Old 21-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
I have noted with a degree of amusement comments about ECU re-flashes on this forum...particularly with respect to Verso and the observation by some how this site is becoming Verso-centric.

I remember some years ago when ECUTek was released, every time it was mentioned on this forum it was bagged by a majority of people, including some who now talk up Verso....interesting. What does it all mean...vested interests?...fashion?...mates club? Whilst there is no question that Verso is cheaper than ECUTek, most previous criticism of re-flashes was that they didn't offer the tuning ability of some replacement ECU's and that you are only paying for software not something physical. I think that history has now shown that re-flashed cars (and I'm talking ECUTek since it is the one with history) have been reliable and have performed well in motorsport (Jamie Lister, Danny Cerro).

It also amuses me that (particularly in the past) whenever I dared mention Maximum Motorsport, certain people on this forum were very quick to accuse me on unashamed marketing...funny how nobody does the same with people mentioning All Star Garage over and over again....vested interests?...fashion?...mates club?

It is important in a forum like this that sensible advice can be given, free speech not be gagged and that vested interests are carefully monitored by moderators.

Just food for thought...
Everything you say there is pretty much correct Steve...

However, I just put up with it, it's the internet and people will say what they want, fuck it, I'm going to have a go...

I go to Racetorque, often you can't get you car done when you want (busy for months) can't speak to the tuner/head mechanics (overseas, busy) and end up getting told wrong information on the status of your car from time to time, they are not cheap...

but, I push my car and it runs well. When you do get the oppourtunity to speak with the tuners/head mechanics you quickly realise they know what they are talking about, are honest with regards to what you need and don't....and really, their core business is not modding street cars.