View Single Post
Old 22-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
I suggest a group buy on tin foil hats.

Verso is based on the stock ecu rom and built up from there. Same as what ECUtek have done. There are no "ghost tunes" just flashed on cars.

To have a look at the history, Pete has been involved with stock ecu tuning for years. Helping out on worldwide ecu projects and investing a lot of his own time and money into it. So a few years ago he looks into what ECUtek were doing also. Sounds to me like what any researcher would do. (Disclaimer: I am a researcher for Curtin too, and I look at what other research has been done in a field too).
No argument there..he has done a good job

Quote:
Fast forward a year and Pete along with others have found that the tools they have developed are useful for successfully tuning cars. So they get together with a tuner and start offering this service. Since it is there product they don't need to pay ECUtek licensing fees and the like, so they can offer a fantastic product at a fantastic price..
Ditto

Quote:
All these Chinese whispers of "oh 2 years ago Pete wanted to look at my ECUtek".
Not a Chinese whisper...a fact btw...

Quote:
or "Pete helped my with an ECUtek problem so he therefore copied my rom" etc are just silly claims to make.

Yes, Pete is one of my good friends. I have seen the amount of time and money he and others have put into providing this service to the people of Perth and I for one am very thankful for it...
And he has done well and offered an alternative, which is a good thing.

Quote:
This WRX community needs to stop slandering people and start working together. People no longer want to recommend or help anyone in case they are seen as being biased. I for one am sick of it and it really makes you consider leaving this community..
The only person who's appearing to be "slandered" in this thread is Fred!

Quote:
There is a vast range of people here with fantastic knowledge and skills. We should be working together to help ourselves and each other, rather than bicker over trivial made up matters.
I agree wholeheartedly