View Single Post
Old 25-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

GTLeggy at standard level

Thanks for the info Matt, I will be watching with interest on how the M800 goes.

I spoke to motec recently and asked again about an M800 pnp to suit my MY05 BP5, I even sent pics of the ecu etc. They say that they only cater for the STI cars and are not really interested in developing an ECU pnp for anything else....buy a gold box, make an adapter and option the fick out of it was the "solution". There is some hope tho for the pnp unit working with all the AVCS`ness of the GT in an expansion module to run the extra exh solenoid, but thats a definite mod to the software and possibly hardware of the pnp unit. AFAIK the ECU pin-outs for the 03 STI car and the GT are almost identical...only a couple of simple re-pins, but alas the FSM doesn`t actually list all the pins(and they do have wires coming out of them going somewhere !!), so what they do is the tough bit ! Definitely the way to go for your situation with the motec as I would think the factory BP5 ECU would have had a major hissy fit if it could not talk CAN to the ABS, Dash, Body module, Airbags etc etc

Thanks and good luck, will be interesting to see how the engine goes in an impretzle.... my fat arse wagon did a 13.88@98.7mph...before i snapped a rear axel cause of too much rearward DCCD....could have done better with more practice I feel.....only had 4,000Km on the clock also if that makes a diff !.

Cheers

Justin

PS: Strut brace works sweet