View Single Post
Old 16-04-2007, 02:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rex-io at standard level

I've got a zx6r and the wrx so in the middle here. Sometimes it may look like they're racing you...but really they are not. Bikes do take off farking quick and u need to have a decent car to keep up with them (ignore the 250cc bikes, they are shit). 600cc to 1000cc sports bikes do 9s 1/4 out of factory.

I split lanes when i ride my bike, freeway or at the lights because it is legal. Well not technically but police dont pull us over for that. However i dont condone any wheelies or anything like that. If I split the lanes and im between the cars, quite often I let them take off first....just in case somebody is crossing the intersection on the red light, i have a protection this way.

It might be hard to believe but taking off quickly and establishing a gap between cars behind you actually makes the riding safer!!! drivers change lanes without watching out for bikes. Any bike instructor will tell you this, take off quickly but legally. Trying to scare someone while on their bike by pretending to be changing lanes etc. is farking stupid!!! you might kill someone because of that...how would you feel? grow up guys, if you wanna race - kwinnana motorplex.

That was my rant