View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:09 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Sean at ASG tuned my car using Verso back January 07. I was looking for him to improve what I call the general driveability as she is my DD. The 06 STI is a good car out the box but I was still not happy with the way the boost came on - too late and instead of smooth linear power delivery it was more jerky and a pain to drive in town when traffic is slow. I asked Sean for a nice safe tune but imnproved grunt down low (boost earlier) and smoother delivery of power. He did exactly this and made my car an absollute pleasure to drive compared to before.

I have the dyno graph but in short it improved power to 187 kw from stock of about 160 kw. Torque increased from 320 to 349 Nm. Boost comes on at 2500 rpm as opposed to the stock tune of around 3200 rpm. There has been no noticeable change to the cars cold start, a/c , idle, etc.

I am very happy with the result that these guys at ASG got for me.

worth noting also that my mods are just k&n panel filter and 3" catback only. Sean said if I changed the dump pipe he would get an extra 10-15 kw but to be honest I don't really see the need at this point.

Thanks again Verso and ASG!!