View Single Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

I think thats a pretty clueless rant. the top speed on European highways is 130, in France they have signs saying 110 in bad weather. German autobahns are not completely speed limit free, only certain sections. They are also generally 4 lanes wide and filled with cars of a much high caliber than you would find on a Perth freeway. Perths 2 lanes if you're lucky freeways filled with aging datsuns, corollas and RS libertys' could not support those sorts of speeds. You also need to take into account the quality of our roads. European roads are in a constant state of repair, you'd know if you ever drove more than 20km on one. When was the last time you saw the state govt repair more than a 3m stretch of the freeway? European highways are smooth with gradual curves, our freeways are bumpy with sharper corners, not to mention roads like great eastern, northern, sou west highways with their single lanes and trees 1m from the roadside. West Australian roads could not support the sorts of speeds you are talking about. Not that West Australian drivers could either.

I must admit i agree with the rest of your post. If P Plate commodore drivers are so keen to wrap themselves around a tree, I'm keen to let them. It's what I call a life lesson, fair chance he won't do it again =)