Thread: How much boost?
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2005, 12:59 AM
kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM747
7psi, or wastegate pressure can sometimes happen if and when the car enters boost limp in an attempt to preserve itself, in case there is something wrong. Try resetting your ECU and see if it returns to 'normal' being around 14.
how do you reset your ECU? i'm really new to this turbo car scene. heck it took me 1 whole hour to install the mechanical boost controller. i bought the car like only last week from this guy. he said that the car is 'capped and runs lower boost then normal to prevent engine damage'. at that time i didnt think too much of it cause the mechanic i took in for the pre-buy inspection cleared it, and said the car was in good shape. now with the boost controller in place, it is easy to wind up the boost to 14 PSI if that is stock, but what baffles me is, there dosent look like there is any special after market stuff to 'cap the boost to 7 PSI' now. if i can alreadly get it to run on its own at 14 PSI, i can ditch the stoopid boost controller doo-hickey. advance thanks for any help guys.