View Single Post
Old 26-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Flat Four Father

Huy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
warning to Wai, Huy and any other lacky punting their 05/06STi around - whilst the DCCD is pretty much dickhead proof, when the car let's go, it's gone!!

Get your arse onto the skidpad & learn the limits of your car's handling & how the DCCD reacts when you understeer/oversteer - it's different to way that non-DCCD equiped WRX's react at the limit. In some cases, you need to sink the boot in further to correct understeer, rather than back-off - however if you hold it too long &/or back off at the wrong time - kiss the arse goodbye & brace yourself for the impact. The skidpads the only safe place to try it out.
Cheers, Blues.

I've actually been watching a lot of videos containing track raced STi's, and noticed how they used the throttle to counter understeer. It runs true with what you say.

However like i said, i've never driven the car (nor intend to) up to its limits on the street. There're too many factors and negative side effects that make you wonder why people even do it in the first place.
I don't drive fast enough around corners to experience any understeer or oversteer. I soley plan to have all my fun on the track and any race sactioned event.

Whilst i feel sorry for Wai, it almost frustrates me that now the generalisation of us P-platers with 'hi-po' cars has expanded further more. Statistics would back that up yes, but i don't want to be added to the list. There are plenty of us who genuinely appreciate our cars, and im sure that includes Wai. It's just unfortunate that he over-estimated the cars abilities.

End rant.