View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
STI Master

REXXX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
An evo and $20K modification money for it!

When I checked the R32 (Fully loaded) was $94K Plus ORC

An evo is in the $70's isn't it?
pffffffff, can get an R32 for mid 60's on the road! go wild with options and it'd still only be 70-something, tops.

i was offered a met black 2 door GTi off the showroom floor in Osb Park, with leather, sunroof and DSG for $48k ish on the road. that config will usually set you back $50k or so.

have driven MKV GTi/R32, both awesome cars, the R32 is louder and harder on the road, feels more powerful for obvious reasons.
DSG gearbox is absolutely and utterly brilliant and is what drew me to the cars to begin with. shockingly quick and efficient. totally awesome, could rave about it all day. launch control will have you chopping any other FWD cars, too.

the GTi (and R32, but that's not what you asked about) feels so solid on the road, and has such great build quality that you never think you're driving a little hatch. the leather bucket seats, steering paddles, cool tacho's and flat bottom steering wheel help too.

do youself a favour and sit in a GTi with leather (don't get one without leather), then sit in a WRX.
you won't buy a wrx.

if seating space is a concern, the Golf will shock you. i'm 6'6 and could fit a med size adult sitting behind me no worries at all! and big boot to boot (hah).

at the end of the day i decided the hatch thing wasn't for me, but the GTi is a great car.