View Single Post
Old 19-06-2007, 03:03 PM
STI Master

jedi_luke at standard level
Default interesting & different home theatre setups

hey guys

just thought i would see if anyone has an interesting and different home theatre system.
I have tried a few different things such as hooking up a pc to the TV making it a dedicated media player (this was years ago before you could get packages from Harvey Norman) and had it on the network with a wireless card so I could put media on it using my main computer.
but I didn’t like having to use a house and key board on it and the resolution was shit! as I have found with most TV out card.
it just does not look normal.

I have done heaps of other stuff but right now I have found something that works really well for me and was way cheap to setup.
I got 2 cheap ass DVD players brand name CONIA for $40 each! , the DVD part of it is gay as and stuffs up but that’s not what I got it for as on the front on the players there is a USB slot.
the players play all the media I can frow at it: media player, divx, MP3 , real player and lots more.
i get a 2 gig thumb drive, put the media i want to play after i have downloaded what ever and then just plug it in! , the operating system is great on it and this setup work really well

costs involved = conia dvd player: $40 , thumb drive: $40 for 2 gig.

so not a bad alternative to tapes, DVD’s or cd's