Thread: New Speeding Ad
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2007, 03:37 PM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Interesting approach, doubt it will work though. When I was in NZ a couple of months ago I saw a very well put together anti-speeding add. Most of the ads here I take very little or no notice at all but this one seemed to hit home.

It started with a bloke and his young son driving along a country road, he looks at his speedo and is doing 10 k's over the limit he goes on to overtake another car and continue speeding. He then gets caught for speeding and pleads with the cop but still gets the fine and drives away pissed off.

On his return trip you see him travelling at the speed limit and then another car overtakes him, obviousley speeding, he whinges and complains 'well why dont they get caught and I do bla bla bla' next thing you see he drives past a bad accident and it happens to be the car that just sped past him, he then gets ushered through the accident site by the same cop who gave him the fine earlyer and gets given a knowing look from the cop.

There were four of us Aussie boys in the room at the time, and we were all dead silent after that ad.