View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:00 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Pete's got a good point, but it also depends what you want to do with your car.

If you want to go all out, keep the car and drop the cash on it. Its a lovely car and it might be worth going this path if thats what you want to do.

If not, fix it to standard specs, and keep going as you are...or sell it at a later date for something else.

I was in the same situation last year, except the difference was I'd done every bolt on performance mod except for the motor. The motor went pop, so it was a logical choice to spend the extra couple of k and do the 207 + heads and cams.

If my car was near standard, the choice would have been different for sure and I would have had to make a choice as to whether go all the way (spend the big bucks as Pete mentioned), or fix and sell.
Enginewise it has basically all the same mods you did, bar the upgraded turbo more or less, no biggie there. I reckon chuck the EJ207 short motor in, whack a bigger snail on and you've got a pretty quick car. Std clutch you aren't gonna break the driveline, the gearbox's aren't THAT weak anyways. The rest of the car is in good condition (yeah?), so it doesn't really make sense to put a 2nd hand motor in in my opinion.....