Thread: Tax Time!!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru
Default Tax Time!!

I figure, being that time of the year again, surely someone here is a Tax Professional or an Accountant and can help answer questions. And surely, I'm not the only person here with tax questions.

So, I'll get the ball rolling.

1. If my mobile phone number appears on my business card, can I claim half the bill. I do use my phone for work purposes aswell as personal use. Someone here in my office told me that I can, just want to clear it up.

2. I bought and sold shares in the last financial year, do I pay capital gains tax on them, or income tax?

3. If I have to pay for parking when I drive to work, can I claim the cost of parking?

4. I work in an office in the city, is there anything else I can claim? I know the obvious washing of uniform (I have shirts with company logo's on them) so I think I can claim part washing load costs etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, from those in the know.

Anyone else has questions... Post away. To make this easier, if you have an answer to a question, can you quote it, so we know what your talking about, other wise this thread will get off topic too quickly.

Kym