View Single Post
Old 22-07-2007, 08:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

mate test all 3, and have some fun doing it !!!!

I was in a similar situation almost 2 years ago, was thinking of trading the 350z for a 2nd hand M3 but somehow after lots of consideration I ended up taking the financially 'smart' and responsible option of buying a typhoon for half the price and pumping more cash into my house and investments etc.. still not sure how i made that decision cause about twice a week my neighbours sons M3 is out the front and its faarrrken hot as !!!

he's got an 05 M3 Competition which from what i can gather is basically a CSL minus the CF roof and + some interior options??? either way it seems to have everything - the SMG box, satnav, electric nappa seats, alcantera wheel, harmon Kardon audio + other options i cant remember and its farken nice as !!!
I'd never have thought an 'auto' box could shift as hard but then again, its not a normal slusher..
We went for a very long drive, spent a decent amount of time in sport mode and it really does make a huge difference to the performance, especially the throttle responsiveness..

I would say his car would quite easily perform better than my old Z in any straight line or track situation, but would probably not quite keep up with my typhoon in any sort of straight line or roll-on scenarios based on my seat of the pants meter... Trackwise of course the M3 would own the F6 easily

same as this...
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105396