View Single Post
Old 22-07-2007, 05:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

dabomb789 at standard level
Default Gearbox broken by wheel aligner, Please help...

After much consideration and being persuaded by a few fellow p-wrxers, i have decided to come forward and ask for advice from you guys as im really at a loss and emotionally devasted.

On the 20th of july, i brought my car (wrx my01) to a certain tyre shop to do a wheel alignment. The boss told me it would cost 59 dollars to align all 4 wheels. i gave the go ahead. Before even doing anything, the wheel aligner then took my car for a test drive. When he was moving off, i could hear that he was grinding 1st gear. when he drove the car out of the shop he was driving it fast as my friend and i could hear the high revs (it was a 60km/h road). When he came back, the car was still ok. He then proceeded to do the wheel alignment. After it was done, he took it out for a 2nd test drive and again my friend and i could hear the high revvings. About 10 mins later, he came back to the shop without my car, and i was like "wheres my car?". He told me he parked it at the side of the road as he heard a loud clunk followed by loud rattling sounds. He said that when he was coming out of a corner he shifted to 2nd gear and that was when he heard the loud clunk.

The boss then came out and straight away accused me of knowing that the gearbox was faulty and decided to bring it to their shop to let them break it and fix it. When i heard the accusation against me i was shocked and at a loss because before this the gearbox was ok and had no signs of it breaking. The boss then repeatedly ask me "who do you think should be responsible?" about 4-5 times. He then confidently said that i could feel free to sue them and that i will not have a case. They were now turning the tables onto me. and just to let you guys know, i was still charged for the wheel alignment and i paid for it with no arguements.

The car is now at my mechanics workshop(towed there), i really would sincerely appreaciate if anyone could give me some advice on what to do. If anyone here is a lawyer please advice me. I am still a student and as a student i do not have a lot of money for the repairs and for legal action. Life can kick you in the nuts at anytime, very unfair.

P.S: Before i left the shop, the wheel aligner mouthed the words "i'm sorry". HE KNEW HE HAD DONE SOMETHING WRONG!

Last edited by dabomb789; 22-07-2007 at 05:19 PM.