View Single Post
Old 23-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx
Default Ombudsman called in.

Dad spoke to Just cars got know where... when i got home he was still on the phone to them so i got on the phone and she told me i had to make a claim for it to be investigated. WHAT A JOKE! So i told her no way am I going to put a claim in, told her I'd be investigating it further. The guy thats dealing with my original claim, conveniently is not working today after he said he would be.

This is a bit suss, when i made the original claim i enquired whether it would be worth stopping the insurance, they made a BIG deal about not stopping it. Lucky I didn't at this stage.

Called the ombudsman... Dad had a good long chat to him, basically they have no leg to stand on if;
A) the smash repair place had an inadequate security system.
or
B) the car was not secured properly.

I've got them on both accounts. They told me the security system was old, and that it didnt go off, and that when the phone plug was pulled out the security firm did not call the owner. My keys were left in the car with the pincode nicely attached to the keyring, therefore not secured properly.

The police should have the full report on all of the above, they will also have details on whether the place has been regularly broken into.

They told Dad that I should make the claim... but under protest and that i want it fully investigated. The tyres and rims are not to be fitted until they absolutely need them... I'm going to request that they be delivered to my house. Because if they get stolen again... I'm up for another claim, same thing if the actual car gets stolen... up for another claim.

Insurance companies are not going to insure me with so many claims made within such a short period of time, my no claim bonus is going to be affected.

I'm pretty damn annoyed

I'd be making very sure that if any of you make a claim, or even put the car in a workshop overnight that you check that the company has a fully comprehensive insurance policy, on their workshop.

Ginger Ninja...