Thread: cordless drill
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I bought a Hilti Hammer drill for work. Then the boys finally blew it up cause they did not know what they were doing. I went and bought a shitter from Big W and it was indestructible. When it did finally die I bought an identical one. Did not last one day. Yes I could have returned it and gone again but my point is that the cheap end of the market is very hit and miss. I went and bought another hilti.

As for cordless Panasonic make most of the top end batteries so I would go either with them or with the new lithium ion range from makita. A lot more than you wanted to spend but for peace of mind they are unbeatable.

One of my idiots (after specifically telling him not too) put a new makita battery charger on a generator and funnily enough it shat itself. Dropped it off to our local hardware store and within two weeks we got a brand new charger. 100% not their fault but no questions and replaced with no dramas.

Just do not go with dewalt. They look great and tough etc but use one that is a couple of years old compared to one a makita or panasonic and it is chalk and cheese.

Brendon