View Single Post
Old 26-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Scoobie Noobie

WagonRS at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
theres two water temp sensors on the RS. one is a single pin plug used for the dash cluster. And the other is a two pin plug sensor used to give exact temps directly to the ECU. Just a guess but, maybe your two pin water temp sensor is gone and the ECU is not running properly when cold as there is a separate map for cold starts. combined with the vacuum line issue causes your issues.

Replace the water temp sensor which I believe is screwed in the metal water pipe running under the intake manifold and see how you go.
I gave the mechanic a call today, and apparently he thinks the car runs fine. It could be that when I had my busted water pipe and the cooling system ran dry, it probably fowled up (sorry to state the obvious, but I'm getting to a point.) And the car got a good run yesterday with a belly full of coolant. If the car runs fine still after service and he doesn't replace anything, the first thing I'm doing is replacing that sensor.

Rs liberty: Goes like a WRX, sounds like a WRX, looks like something ya Gran might drive. Sleepa..