Thread: Idiottttt
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Shauno, have a read of the Hoon Legislation listed above for the exact definitions.

If you were not charged for speeding (lack of a gun reading), you did not loose traction, there was no smoke, you were not weaving up the road erratically then a good lawyer will get you off. It is up to them to prove these things happened and it was just not a subjective observation from police while they were busy doing something else.

If you have time slips from Kwinana I would be taking those along as evidence that you drive a WRX that YES does accelerate quickly up to the legal speed limit. You only speed test your car under controlled circumstances and not on Public Roads.

However, if as you have said you admitted to being a dickhead and maybe said a bit too much after being pulled over then that will be used as evidence. Police being friendly and talking about your car is sometimes not what it seems and can be used to gleam further info from you.

SO IN FUTURE EYERYONE:

If pulled over and asked the standard question "What speed do you think you were doing ?"

Answer "Can you please tell me or show me Sir as I was busy looking ahead up the road"

Admit Nothing unless you were trying to avoid an Accident.
Don't say too much, even if the mood is friendly.
Try and remain calm and let the police prove to you what you have done wrong.
Take witness' names and Phone Numbers.
Photos of the scene if possible.

Good luck !!!