View Single Post
Old 16-08-2007, 07:04 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

I've been involved for as number of years as i can remember. Started when a group of guys went to IWRXOC meetings.. then decided sitting outside the meetings was a much cooler ordeal.

This lead to creating a email based webgroup. Known as perth-wrx. I can only imagine this was created in ~02.. as i got involved in early to mid 03.

Then a forum was created, originally run and maintained by dan carson (had a club spec 4 back then). Went through all sorts of bits and pieces - had some trouble with it being hacked. Moderators were thrown about the place - a bit of chaos was seen.

Forums were pulled down, dan carson/jme and a few others put some dosh in - and got this one started - dan carson the man who put the site/forums together.

Cruises back then were insane!! 10-25 cars.. majority of people had been in the scene for some time. Lots of high speed stuff, lots of twisty bits.. and even the infamous 'robs mowing service' for which i still remember like it was yesterday. Both ramon and myself eating mouthfuls of grass.

I missed out the on the first year perth-wrx entered in motorvation with the infamous ramon + sleeping on a roll event. Though entered with the group since 2004 / 2005 / 2006 and 2007 with the MVC crew (majority of the original p-wrx ppl).

There used to be monthly meets - many night cruises and a sunday cruise thrown in at random times. There was the mammoth 'doing it for possum cruise' when it first happened, many cruises through fremantle!

OHHHH lets make sure of this - perth-wrx made antilag world famous. Originally seen as a giant NO NO for street cars. Soon after the motorvation videos were posted online (a flame war between sti tuned and blu wrx "i think") - it was being seen world wide with international forums "GUESSING" what the flames were.. spark plug in the exhaust.. i think not!

Many many memories.. great group of peeps..

Majority of the original people all be it owning a vastly different selection of cars and have gone into various walks of life still find ways of keeping contact (email groups + forums + club events). Still has that awesome feeling of being involved in a tight nit group - with each person being involved in motorsport/builds/breakages of the past.