View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
Sorry, I meant cheap brakes (dont tell me you'd rather 2pots than 4), cheap manifolds, cheap cooler, mum spec wheels, generic body, steel body panels etc etc.

Cheap compared to an evo or "old" wrx.

If you want a well priced entry into Turbo Powahh! then the mazda 3 is cheaper and more powerful (and better looking).

Still there is no way I would buy a mazda.
1. Cheap Brakes - The new 2 pots out brake the old 4 pots. I'd prefer the ones that stop me faster regardless of how many bling pots I have.

2. Cheap Manifolds - The new plastic manifold is far superior for flow than the old one.

3. Cheap Cooler - I'm sure the engineers did their homework and sized an intercooler to suit the stock car. So what is the problem? You don't see many cars with bulk power on a WRX TMIC.

4. Mum Spec Wheels - Stock WRX wheels always look a bit bland in my opinion.

5. Generic Body - Oh noes, Subaru wants to expand their sales to the people who buy lots of cars. Heaven forbid!

6. Steel Body Panels - Can't see what the problem is there. The MY08 WRX is lighter than the outgoing model. For the few kgs you save having an aluminium panel or carbon fibre, the cost of this means the car price goes up and no one will buy it.