View Single Post
Old 14-09-2007, 05:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Poncha at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA50N
Nah Benson didn't do these on the car now (already done on the purchase of the car). Although I known him a while and spent some time at his shop, I reckon he would unscrew the skirts and pods (guessing they are screwed on and not fibreglassed on. If fibreglassed then he would need the whole car because if you try rip off fibreglassed stuff, you guarenteed to break skirts/pods), and paint then fit back on the car. The only thing he would need your car for is obviously to get the colour code for the paint. I'm ringing him sometime today for Impresiv so I'll also ask about your work.

Jason
Popped by to see Benson this arvo- have booked the car in for the 24th. Colour code was 792 (looked for myself on the plate in the engine bay; not the VIN plate, but some other one with car specification info). Benson said he's done heaps of this colour before anyway, so no dramas there.

Luckily, the skirts and pods are just screwed/riveted on, so easily removed. Plan to drop them off, still keep my car, and come back in a day or two and pop them back on. Nice and convenient Cheers for the help Jase