Thread: Speeding ticket
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DOCILE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
so you ARE saying that there should be speed restrictions in schools at 3am sunday morning ?

besides, its not like every road near a school is 50, 40km/hr is a blanket speed for all schools. at my last job i had to drive past 3 schools to get there, some 60, some 70kmh roads, so claiming 40 is hardly worth it is as stupid as... oh i dunno, school speed limits on a sunday.

In reality, its all a money making fear excercise by our lovely government. you can generate millions in revenue by putting speed limits up & pinging people doing 2km over, but you actually have to PAY a lollypop lady to help kids safely cross the road.

Yeah Im sure politicians all sit around a big table and say fuck the road toll, lets make some money by changing speed limits near school zones. There are two sides of the arguement, the first would be in the NT for instance where they put speed limits in place to lower the so call road toll where statistics showed that the main causes were alcohol and seat belts. The second would be placing speed restrictions on area such as school zones where children do get knocked over and people do not always drive sensibly. I can see the arguement about not needing a restriction at 3am in the morning, but you are always going to get people who want to argue over a few minutes, police should also excersise descretion when handing out these fines, if a person is sincere about there mistake and they are let off with a warning then most people are likely to take it on board and be more careful in the future.