Thread: Speeding ticket
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCILE
Yeah Im sure politicians all sit around a big table and say fuck the road toll, lets make some money by changing speed limits near school zones.
that would honestly not suprise me in the least. what ever happened to lolly pop ladies anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCILE
There are two sides of the arguement, the first would be in the NT for instance where they put speed limits in place to lower the so call road toll where statistics showed that the main causes were alcohol and seat belts. The second would be placing speed restrictions on area such as school zones where children do get knocked over and people do not always drive sensibly.
i wonder if there is a correlation in the number of children knocked over and the number of women driving 4wds with bad visibility.

im not saying speed limits are a bad thing, i just heartily disagree with the thinking that school speed limits should apply all the time. on the way home now i endure 2 school zones at 4pm and they are completely desolate. i like the idea of giant flashing lights when the school speed restriction is in place, then there is NO excuse (especially for parents) to be doing excessive speed