View Single Post
Old 21-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridgx
I cant remeber the name of a company which sells the early ej20T engines, Ask Mister Two. Eastern states company but very cheap, and tested engines too.

That company would be Ichiban.

www.ichiban.com.au

Can Supply engines and halfcuts much cheaper than anyone locally even after you add freight to get the engine/halfcut into Perth.

Last time I called for a price on a full 1996 WRX motor about three months back (the one with the td05) its was approx $900 plus freight. It had a few months of warranty and was compression tested OK.

Many of the RSLC guys use them and by all accounts they seem very good.

What your really going to need is a full halfcut with panels and rear end assembly. That way, you will have everything you will need to complete the project with nothing else to buy.

It would also be worth doing a 100K service and water pump on the new engine while its out of the half cut and before it goes into your shell. Its not much extra for the service parts to do that and it will give you that extra security and peace of mind. Also I would recommend to replace ALL the coolant lines on the engine before it goes in as yours and the front cut will be getting on in age now and the last thing you need is to lose all your coolant over an old split hose and blow your head gasket.

Last edited by Mister Two; 21-09-2007 at 08:29 PM.