View Single Post
Old 26-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby
Default Are cops really getting dumber?

Well, I originally wasnt going to make a comment on what happened to me the other week while on a cruise, but considering today, I just came across another example, I thought I might share.

On the cruise
After getting a bit ahead of the group, I made a wrong turn, got to a set of lights, and done a U-turn on a green light. As I did it, I had the unfortunate luck of doing the turn while there was an unmarked police car at the other side of the lights, whom promptly pulled me over. Ok. I have no problem with this, yes I did something wrong, but this wasnt the issue.
After talking to the cop, he said Id get an infingment in the mail, then said he wanted to check over my car, now, for those who dont know, my car is almost completely stock, except a 3" exhaust. (and a verso, but a cop wouldnt know that). Its also, mechanically, in good order, no leaks etc.
Anyway, after a bit of checking, he points at my turbo, and says "I dont know what it is with you guys and sticking turbos on anything with wheels. I bet you dont have an engineers cert for that, and I can yellow sticker you for not having a permit for it."

Yeah......you read that right......to which I replied "Well, if have a problem with it, then I suggest you take it up with Subaru, considering the car came from the factory with it"
His reply was "dont be a smartass"
I just shrugged and said "well, if you yellow me for that, then Ill see you in court"
Ok, I admit, probably not the smartest thing to say, anyhow he didnt comment and kept looking over the car, said he might also yellow me for:
1 - The power cable for my amplifier (its properly insulated and secured/installed)
2 - My missing intake resonator

In the end though, he let me go.

Today
Driving down horrie miller drv, just having left work, I get pulled over, the cop tells me I was speeding and goes to issue me a ticket for doing 9kph over. Well, you may ask, why am I saying this cop was short a few IQ points? The speed he pinged me for was 79....problem is, I was in an 80 zone!!!!!!!! After a little debating he goes "Ill let you off with a warning"
Im still trying to work that out, I get warned for doing 79 in an 80 zone...thats a new one.

Well, in the end, I just had a good laugh at these 2, annoying at the time, but on thinking back at it, I find it funny.

hehe Id say I got a 'warning' as a way of the cop realising his mistake, and him trying to save face. hehehe

Last edited by gumby2006; 26-09-2007 at 10:43 PM.