Thread: Hey..... again
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

if there is one piece of information i wish someone had given me when i was younger it would be this:

buy a piece of shit car out of the quokka that is lic, and do it as soon as you can. buy a $50 camira with a blown motor and no wheels, it doesnt matter as long as its lic. transfer it into your name. then ring up your chosen insurance provider and get fully comp insurance on it. Store teh car somewhere. heck i guess you could even remove the plates and keep them in your room and have the car crushed. then for the next year or so drive around in your mums car or whatever listed as a second driver. When it comes time to own your WRX, transfer the policy from your old shitter to your WRX, which will prove you have insurance history. this will reduce your premiums increase your no claim bonus. Then you take the plates into the DPI, de-reg the car and get some money back.

If you just drive your mums car for another year then go to get a wrx, you'll be in for a BIG shock when you try to insure it and have no insurance history. A 0% No Claim Bonus means your premiums will be $3k +