View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
STI Master

agentorange at standard level

Just posting my experience with VERSO and All Star Garage.

Firstly a huge thankyou to Pete, Sean and Nick! The lads are awesome to deal with, friendly, are willing to have a chat and give good solid advice…Not just this occasion, but every other occasion that I’ve had to deal with them as well!

So…I took the car down to All Star last night in an attempt to axe the Unichip and retune the car with VERSO…Sean put the car on the dyno with the Unichip and did a power run, though had to back off because of detonation around 5500...Not the type of tune that should be used for track work!

The Unichip was then pulled out and the stock ECU was VERSO’ed and tuned…the resulting power runs showed a gain in HP and torque over most of the rev range, with the same boost! But most important of all…NO DETONATION! Power feels much more linear now and not so on/off as before. The hesitation at around 4000rpm also seems to have disappeared.

Last but not least…the car pulled a healthy 264.6HP at around 5500rpm, with a peak torque figure of 364.1 Nm at 3750rpm...all on 1.4bar max.

Not bad for a super safe tune with only exhaust and filter.

Haven’t got the dyno graphs as yet to post up…the printer ran out of ink last night while Sean was printing them…I’m hopefully getting them by email today…so will post them later…

Cheers!

Simon

My rhymes are stronger than ammonia
I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia