View Single Post
Old 23-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

To be honest, the DBA650 slotted rotors and Bendix ultimate brake pads are the best cost effective package available.

Cross drilled rotors are known to suffer from problems such as cracking. Even if you do not plan to do MC, etc at the moment, you never know you just might get into it later on. Why take the risk, just go for the slotted ones They look pretty good as well!

Price wise, the Bendix Ultimate brake pads gave me no problems at all even after 2 years of usage, and that includes a fair amount of track work on a fairly modded WRX. I may not be the quickest driver, but I think it is fair to say that I am no sloth as well and do get decent results at MC.

It might have a lot to do with your own driving style as well, but as far as mine goes, my Ultimates still had about 40% left after 2 years (daily street + track), DBA650 rotors still had plenty of meat left.

Obviously there are better brake pads around, I'm just commenting based on cost. The Ultimates are a fair bit cheaper than others. Dust-wise, they're just like the others - all sport/performance pads are dust storms.