View Single Post
Old 24-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos
the reason why you are getting clear water as you said before your bore is 60 m deep...the maximum groundwater level in perth metro areas is about 1-2m from the surface and your typical bore water system goes down to 20m at the most...this is set up to take water from the upper aquifer and is usually perched water...
Ah actually, the depth of your bore is dependant to your height above the water table..

not all suburbs are the same, my parents place in floreat is only about 10 meters above it, but you still go a good 20 down to get better water, our old place in scarborough was some 200ft to water, and my grandmothers old house in mt lawley was a good 50 meter well with a further 5-10 meter spike on the pump to bring it up...

as for the contamination, if you go a bit deeper, you generally avoid it..

as for sinking one, get everyone round and throw on some beer, we'll dig it for ya.

might get a bit wonky in the direction it takes as the beer goes down tho..

however, easiest way is to just sink a decent sized conduit/casing with a drill rig, and use a submersible pump, theres a flash arse german brand, the name escapes me atm , think its Grunfus or something?, but its a comon brand, very good quality, and always reliable, one at our place in floreat has been in the ground for probably a good 20 years now, we pulled it up when we moved in 12 yrs ago to check it out, gave it a visual once over, then stuffed it back down there, haven't seen it since..