View Single Post
Old 24-11-2005, 12:28 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

e-rex-shon at standard level
Lightbulb

If people are going to bandy around terms like natural selection I suggest that actually know what they are talking about. The sad fact is that many of these junkies have already reproduced, passing some pretty dodgy genes on to the next generation so no selection there I'm afraid.

Mat I'm glad you took my point. Many of the drugs society deems legal or "soft" can do just as much damage as the "hard" ones, weed, alcohol and speed being some prime examples. Are beer companies murders? What about makers of cheap sherry???? I have learnt not to be so quick to judge until walking a few miles in others shoes.

And to all those with pitchforks and flaming torches in hand, braying for blood, would you be so willing to support the death penalty if someone you knew or a member of your family was up for the noose? No, didn't think so. And it can happen as the people we know and love can also make stupid mistakes sometimes, especially when they are in desparate situations.

Look it is a difficult debate and I don't pretend to have all the answers but I think the bottom line is that by killing people society stoops to the level of a murderer.

And if you take an eye for an eye, the world ends up blind, then you get the blind leading the blind............. and what am I saying again???????